1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worthy View Showers & Hair Dryers

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Emmald, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Emmald

Emmald New Member

Hi

As a group we've stopped outside the festival with zooloos & pop up hotel few time now & been able to take advantage of real toilets, hot showers & hair dryers, first time stopping at worthy view this year...

Has anyone got any information on what the showers are like & the area to dry & style hair...

Roughed it too many times prefer to pay more these days for a decent shower every day

Thanks

2. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Active Member

The wind, sun and rain is my hair stylist.

maclauk and GlastoWatch like this.
  3. al_coholic

al_coholic 8th Glasto this year

I was up there a couple of years ago. The showers are basic but hot and good enough. In the blokes there was about 20 mini cubicles in the back of what was effectively a truck. Then a large tent in front of it where you get changed. There is no privacy so if you are shy you need to get over it. The queue for the mens was not too bad, about 20 mins in the morning, the queue for the womens was MUCH worse, about 40 mins+

The "pamper" area is again just a large tent with a large number of electric sockets and I think there is mirrors. Its first come first served for the electricity but I didnt really see any queues.

4. Emmald

Emmald New Member

Thank you for your reply

Do you know if appliances hairdryers, straighteners are provided or is it just sockets for you to bring your own?

5. Thirdtimelucky

Thirdtimelucky New Member

The hair dryers and straighteners are provided. When I was there in 2014 they were free to use but by 2015 they had started to charge (and the queues were even longer!). I think it was about £5 per time if memory serves correctly (I didn't actually use them once they added a charge, I'm just trying to remember what the sign said).

6. Emmald

Emmald New Member

Thanks for that info

That's abit sneaky, I emailed them when we booked to check but all they said is 'yes there is hairdryers' no mention of a charge....

7. ethelcurtis

ethelcurtis New Member

lol :p

8. ethelcurtis

ethelcurtis New Member

hahahaha