1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury?

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by &devil, May 20, 2016.

1. Debsh2

Debsh2 Member

To be fair, I have never seen the police hanging about to test anyone..... has it been known? I should imagine that it would be a massive worry for you.

2. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

Last year I took a self alcohol breathalyzer test, thanks to @akicif I remember his name right. I more lucky than you though whatme, I can drive back Monday afternoon and don't return to work till Tuesday night

Single Use Breathalyzers - AlcoDigital

3. Glasto-worker

Glasto-worker Volunteer since 1989

I arranged today to use a friends garden early next week - as one of my Team lives in Iceland he uses one of my tents and sleeping bag - the garden is big enough to take the two tents so they can be fully checked and then folded correctly to fit in the two tent bags - there will always be a few bent tent pegs so will dump them straight away.

+ when you are at a festival with other people walking about its near impossible to get them folded up correctly

I do this every year as its better to find out now rather than finding out on Tuesday 21 June.

I have a massive zip up bag that takes the two tents and other items and it fits straight into a large shopping trolley { yes I know but it works for me } and its a nice tight fit - Once that is packed I am half the way there.

Another on my Team was daft enough to lend her adult daughters her tent - we met in a pub and I did mention I was all packed after putting them up and she thought - I better check mine - lucky she did because when she looked all that was there was the tent - no poles at all - she raced out in the morning and bought a new tent.

If a festival has been wet its back to my friends garden to dry it out { she only lives 200 yards from me }

I am a bit late this year but still enough time - its a shame I cant get a Cat sitter because I could get down at Glastonbury on Monday 13th of June - its the WBC advance guard - they know how to lay out their tents and will have power cables going to those tents - first thing up is a Wi-Fi network which goes up on a rented cherry picker and a few satellite receivers - they are really roughing it.

Coffee Gordon likes this.
  4. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

Volunteered to do an evening's overtime on Friday to help
    Once went on a camping holiday in Ireland and managed to leave my tent poles at home... Fortunately noticed while still at my friend's house in Dublin and borrowed hers, and not in the field we camped in on Inishmore off the west coast a couple of days later!

Back on topic, I'm going in to work tonight to get some overtime under my belt and help pay for all this. The more observant amongst you will have noticed that it is Friday. Can't say I'm all that happy, but keep reminding myself that this time in two weeks we'll be on the road at the start of Glasto Road Trip 2016!

5. Agentorange

Agentorange Going to Glasto since 1995

The main thing I've done to get ready is get my old car back on the road, minus 4 Glasto stickers on the windscreen to pass the mot :'( still got 2013's on!
    Ordered a poncho and batteries for the camera. That's about it haha

6. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

Well we went and got some tent pegs, put the tent up just to see, and just as well, with a couple of things broke, now fixed.
    Then found some tent pegs, bigger and better than what I got this morning :mad: fancy dress now out and every where o_O
    We're getting there:D back In work tomorrow with just 9 days left at work :zip

7. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

I've dug out my festival wardrobe today, found boots,shoes, hats, glitter. All necessities.

8. Coffee Gordon

I've cut the dam lawn!

Now I can air my tent :)

9. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

We popped out for coffee this morning, our nearest establishment being Solstice services, Ancestor has gone! Soon to be seen in Silverhays.

10. Agentorange

You can't live far away from me then! I'm in amesbury. I'm such a dumbass I didn't even notice it had gone!
    Had to take my new tent back as it came with a hole! Hope for better luck next time when the replacement comes

11. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

Shipton Bellinger :)

12. Coffee Gordon

Both of you not all that far from Andover, well depends on the scale of comparison I s'pose :)

13. Martin F

Martin F Oxfam steward since 2005

Currently on nightshift, but also getting ready for Download when at home.
    When I get back from there I'll then have to wash everything & repack it for Glastonbury.
    I'll probably have to buy more beer too.

14. DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler New Member

I've gave the tent a dry run in the garden & found I had no pegs! Bought some beers, cider, sleeping bag & back pack. Not long now guys!

15. Agentorange

Need to go to b&m and get some beers and a wine box. Tents coming tomorrow hopefully hole free!

16. akicif

akicif Member

Nope, not me, sorry....

17. Coffee Gordon

Hmmm, I think his actual name is (real) Adrian - no matter, sorry akicif :)

18. Debsh2

Debsh2 Member

Love this thread....... just reminded me I need tent pegs :roflol::roflol:

19. Glasto-worker

Glasto-worker Volunteer since 1989

I set up both tents yesterday ' in the blazing sunshine ' in a friends garden and ditched all the bent tent pegs - I have some really good tent pegs that don't bend but cant recall who I bought them from so just bought 20 from Amazon £3.60 with no postage charge - for the other tent - will not know if they are worth it until I try them out - no big problem as one of the tents will not be used again after Glasto until next year so I have sorted the really heavy duty ones into My tent peg bag.

I try to encourage my Team mate to always use a tent mallet but he is not a natural camper so will try to push them in using his foot and that is how they get bent.

If I had more time I would have checked out various camping shops but I just don't have the time.

anyway its good to be ' Half Packed ' and with the tents neatly folded up it does look neat.

20. glastubury

glastubury New Member