1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happens Tuesday night?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by SarahSutts, Jun 1, 2016.

1. SarahSutts

SarahSutts New Member

Hi we'll be arriving (campervan site east) on Tuesday evening at some point but what normally happens? Is anything open or do people just arrive and chill out with neighbours? Or will we be queuing until the early hours to get in? Thanks

2. Mart44

Mart44 Member

Hi Sarah. Nothing open Tuesday evening. Maybe a burger van or something but I would expect nothing. Meet your neighbours and go to the top of the hill overlooking gate C. This is where you'll enter site Wed morning to get your pass. There's a great view of the site from there and lots of people chill out on the hill Tuesday night. There's a queue every day to get on site but its much worse on the first day as it takes longer when everyone has to get their wristbands etc but the good thing with Campervan fields is there's no rush. You've got all day Wed & Thursday to explore the whole site. People camping on site who have parked in the Blue car parks will be entering site thru the same gate as you and they have nothing else to do but queue. So if you're happy getting up early and joining this queue, do so, but if you leave it till lunchtime on Wed for example , you'll not have to wait for so long. Anything else you need to know , just ask :)

SarahSutts likes this.
  3. Martin1

Martin1 Member

We are going Tuesday as well and planning to pretty much arrive at 12 when the campervan field opens. Once we are set up it will just be sit down and have a few beers to chill out while we wait for Wednesday to arrive!

4. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

We will arrive in the car park about 9pm, crack open a beer and have a smoke, then decided wether t have a nap or get in the Q.
    Normally have a nap lol

5. SarahSutts

SarahSutts New Member

Thanks all can't wait, not long now

6. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

So do you have to join the back of the car park queue Wednesday? Where is this queue in comparison to where the camper field is? I know that they are separate so just trying to get my head round how different it is to west. Ta :)

7. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

I think the vehicle queues to the car parks and caravan fields are separate Nelly, with a few fields between them. In the west they are further apart, in the east before they opened up carparking on the Tuesday you did get mixed up at the back approaching the site on Wednesday morning.

Myself, I'll be at parking at Ashcombe Park and drinking in the Apple Tree before queuing over night.

8. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

What about the pedestrian queue? If we're in east CV and people from the car parks queue overnight, is there much of a walk to join the gate queue Wednesday morning?

9. Coffee Gordon

Unfortunately yes as you will all be going through the same gate :(

10. Martin1

Martin1 Member

Is there a 'best time' to queue on the Wednesday morning as we will be there from Tuesday in a campervan. Also as an estimate if the queue is huge and you are right at the back of it how long does it take roughly to get in?

11. Coffee Gordon

These days people start queuing from around midnight - I do but for gate D.

I reckon you're lucky being in a c'van, there is no need to get in early to get a sweet spot for your tent.

If you need to get in really early probably best to queue up around 4 ish after a short sleep. Otherwise wait until 10 or 11 ish. Come mid day the queue should be short enough for about half an hour plus. It's the people without wrist bands going in for the first time that slow the flow.

Remember each time you return to your c van you'll have a pass out and on re-entry can use a separate mainly none existent queue.

12. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Active Member

I love lockdown on Tuesday; Tuesday is the new Wednesday.

Nelly and Coffee Gordon like this.
  13. Coffee Gordon

Just seems like yesterday when Wednesday became the new Friday :)

14. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

We leave home on the Friday these days and spend a few days getting there.

Friday is the new Friday.

Nelly and Coffee Gordon like this.
  15. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

Monday is our Friday this year, found somewhere near shepton to stop overnight before heading in Tuesday. I love going in early Wednesday, just to watch it all going on from the park, I'm sooooooo excited!!

Coffee Gordon likes this.
  16. Lou's other half

We're going to try really hard to get up there early this year. We always head up there, but it's the "early" bit we struggle with...

17. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

You say that every year! Maybe Tuesday night cocktails has something to do with it?

18. Lou's other half

Well, I'd like to say it's more to do with being shift workers who therefore live in a slightly different time zone.

But you're probably right...

19. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

Ah well, one day you might get there. We can't even come and knock on your door annoyingly for half an hour until you get up!

20. Coffee Gordon

You know you west cv fielders can always take a leisurely stroll and have a drink and a meal in the Apple Tree Tuesday night.

Oh, I'll be there as well !