1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well I enjoyed it

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by whatme, Jun 27, 2016.

1. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

Home and washed and changed relaxing :D:D
    Well we watched Muse, we wer'nt going too_O
    We then watched Adele after abit to much acid and really enjoyed her o_Oo_O
    Then we watched Coldplay, went going to watch them either lol
    We had a blast all are group, no hassles, me bro lost a bag also due to to much acid lol
    Some of me best bands were the Dub pistols Paul Heaton & jacaline abbot, ELO Madness unknown mortal orchestra
    Good to see you again Glastowatch Buffystar Mrs B coffee Gorden and any else lol,and the lovely Lou and Lou's other half :beer::beer: and also seeing Hasforcash in the info centre, he recognised stinky straight away :rolleyes::rolleyes: a
    Happy Days all and hopefully same again next year <3<3<3

Hash4Cash and Lou like this.
  2. exstockwellgooner

exstockwellgooner Glasto Vet

Ha ha Matt glad you had a good one. See you next yeAr.

Coffee Gordon likes this.
  3. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

Us too! Absolute blast!

Didn't see quite as many bands as we'd perhaps have liked, but when the going is heavy, it's not so easy to just swing by a stage and catch an act. But that's the way it goes with the wet ones.

Highlights: James (absolute highlight of the weekend, but we are huge fans!); ZZ Top (for me, less so for my esteemed other half); Underworld; ELO; Tankus the Henge; Ozric Tentacles (serious contenders for gig of the weekend); Shibusashirazu Orchestra (if you saw it, you know!); the few hours spent in the Fluffy Rock Cafe avoiding one of the big downpours and checking out some great acts; Tuesday night in our camp CVW; everything we ate (apart from an awful Mexican meal - chilli should not taste like school mince - blandest meal ever); our steel cups and sheepskin cupholders; late nights in Pennard Wine; the mystery piano player under a tarp in the green fields; and of course, the GW meet! As my esteemed other half pointed out, we first went just hoping to be able to put faces to names, now we go to see old friends! It was great to catch up with everyone who made it there and to meet some new faces as well!

Lowlights: well, the weather - we didn't let it spoil our weekend, but it was pretty bloody horrible! (Apart, of course, from when it was pretty bloody lovely!) Arriving at the CVW really wasn't as bad as it could have been, but the stewards were really out of their depth. What you don't want to hear from a steward when you ask if you can park 4 vans together is "I've literally no idea what you're talking about" and then, following a ten minute detailed description of how to park 4 vans in a group (complete with detailed hand gestures), "Listen mate, you seem to know what you're talking about, you do it". Which we did and it all worked out. But they really were struggling. Missing Dreadzone. Missing quite a few bands, actually. Having to leave.

One for the books, no doubt about it, but a great one! Same time, same place next year everyone? :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  4. Lou

Lou Member

We had an absolutely wonderful time :) We didn't see as many bands as usual - partly due to it taking longer to get anywhere in the conditions, and partly due to just enjoying being in the moment wherever we were!

It was so nice to see our lovely Glastowatch friends (exstockwellgooner, we raised a glass for you :beer:), and we can't wait to see you all again next year (fingers crossed) <3

5. &devil

&devil Member

Arrived on site around 6ish and was in for around 7 on Thursday to see a mate carried back to his tent in the worst Nick I've ever seen him. I knew from then this year was going to be carnage.

Highlights. Christine and the queens, pies, travis, the view, the circus thing I saw, new order (of course), meeting old mates, finding new ones, the new guys in the camp being brilliant. Just so many positives.

Lowlights: new orders short set, coming home to find I need to by a new cooker but the lift in the flats getting repaired for how knows long.

That's when you know your baws bust.

6. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Active Member

Thick sticky mud everywhere and not a single fuck was given by anyone.