1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well Done GW

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by exstockwellgooner, Apr 3, 2011.

1. exstockwellgooner

exstockwellgooner Glasto Vet

Just wanted to post a Thank You to Glastowatch for putting together what in my opinion is the Friendliest, Most informative Forum about. Have been looking about on a couple of others (especially the last couple of days) and this forum and it's posters don't have a sniffy attitude and offer advice even if the topic has been covered before.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    See you all in June for a :beer::bdance:

2. Roo

Roo Glastofarian

Seconded!

I absolutely hate seeing people on a forum say things like 'try a search', 'some one asked this last week' or 'RTFM'. Usually they then are too up their own **** to even post a link to the resource, just wanted to post to act all high & mighty.

Though I do think many of the posters here do have a little bit of a sniffy attitude about one thing only - whether any other festivals can even compare! ;)

3. RickySSmith

RickySSmith Happy Camper!

I think after Facebook this is the place on the interweb that I visit most, full of lovely people! And I've only been a member a few months.

Can't wait for the meet up this year, I shall be there clutching a cider and possibly doing a little dance, something not dissimilar to this - :bdance:

4. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

Thanks guys :$

5. Mart44

Mart44 Member

Hear Hear from me too. GlastoWatch - no need for the embarrassed smiley. This discussion board keeps us all going throughout the bleak 51 (other|)weeks of the year and is full of people with the same enthusiasm and love of all things Glastonbury. Keep up the good work.

6. Glasto oldie

Glasto oldie Going for three in a row!

Couldn't agree more :clap::clap:

7. plankton

plankton True Glasto Virgin

totally AGREE...although I don't post very much :spank: after looking at a few forums this is the only one I actually joined and I don't look anywhere else now!

8. char40too

char40too Virgin no more

Totally agree with all the above - well done :clap:

Roll on June!

9. stinkywitch

stinkywitch Mrs Mashed Matt

I love this forum, all my friends live here!

10. intensify

intensify Ramalamadingdong

Word to that. Any chance of a navigation button at the bottom of threads? just to navigate back to the forum?

11. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

Do you mean one that'll take you to the top of the current page or one that'll take you to the forum the thread you're currently reading is located in?

There is a link at the bottom RHS of each page that'll take you to the top of the current page, though it is rather low down and usually requires scrolling to reach. I could look into placing it somewhere more accessible if people find it useful.

A navigation button to take you to the forum the thread is located in would only be useful to some people as many use the "New Posts" link in the top menu to reach threads. Using the browser's back button works for both scenarios, though it isn't an elegant solution. Perhaps adding a "Top" button to the bottom of each post then allowing the user to chose their own navigation option from those available at the top of each page would be the best solution?

Thoughts?

12. Roo

Roo Glastofarian

there is a feature that provides a drop down list of sub-forums I think. Don't use it myself, but I know it's often used in vb forums

13. Lou

Lou Member

Yes - completely agree - thank you so much for this forum. I use it all year round and it certainly helps keep the spirit of Glastonbury alive!

14. intensify

yeah thats the one. saves you hitting back or going to the top.

Sorry to be a pain like as I don't post much in here but read a fair bit of the info.

15. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

Do you mean like that? (See bottom RHS)

I switched it off to reduce the size of the HTML on each page as I didn't think many people used it, but if it is used I'll leave it on.

16. intensify

:clap: thanks.

17. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

This site has been amazing! First Glasters last year and hopefully the first of many to come. Have had so much great info off here its been invaluable.

Chars to Glastowatch!

18. SCZXC

SCZXC New Member

Hear Hear from me too. GlastoWatch - no need for the embarrassed smiley. This discussion board keeps us all going throughout the bleak 51 (other|)weeks of the year and is full of people with the same enthusiasm and love of all things Glastonbury. Keep up the good work.

Sportbrillen

19. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

Just want to add my thanks to the list GW,

thanks for being here.