1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V Festival 2011 line-up released

Discussion in 'Other Festivals' started by GlastoWatch, Mar 1, 2011.

1. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

Already people on Twitter saying they're going to cancel their Glasto tickets and go to V instead. :facepalm:
    This can only be healthy for Glasto though.

[​IMG]

http://www.vfestival.com/

2. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Active Member

V is shit, Micheals cattle get treated better than the punters at V.

3. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

They sure do.

[​IMG]

4. exstockwellgooner

exstockwellgooner Glasto Vet

Delighted that I am not going to V this year-took my son last year under duress and it is without doubt the biggest rip-off going from the first ?5 (each) to get a bus 2 miles from Chelmsford to ?10 to find out line up times in a little plastic wallet to queing up for 30 minutes to buy tokens to stand in another line to get a beer-Rant Over.:mad:
    As my boy is 16 this year he is going with his mates-good luck to him.
    Not many on the line up that I would go out of my way to see-but each to his own.....

5. Sophia

Sophia New Member

I have never been to V but have been to Leeds and imagine they are pretty similar. To people who have been to Glasto...we know there is no competition. It is the best festival in terms of bands (and other entertainment), atmosphere and clientele!

Bring it on :bdance:

6. pre-s-ton

pre-s-ton Die Hard Glader

yeh ive never heard good things about V, except from people that went in the glory days of britpop, apparently it was good then. i cant believe people wud even think about selling a glasto ticket for V? and that lineup is pretty dry, tho i guess thats jus my opinion, only person i wud genuinely want to see who i havent before is Eminem. one good thing i have to say about it is that is a very nice flyer! thats all it has going for it as far as i can tell!

7. robbieflash

robbieflash Brethren to the Brothers'

@exstockwellgooner TOKENS? Christ. And god help your son to make him realise the wrong-ens of his ways. Surely you should have taught the lad that Glasto is the way forward.

V Festival lineup looks awful, and to be honest, with the line-up it's the type of punters i'd like to see rid from Glasto.

8. stinkywitch

stinkywitch Mrs Mashed Matt

Our son has been to Glasto since he was little and he STILL wants to go to Leeds/Download ect with his mates! Not a chance seeing as he is only 14 but it is more his style of music.

9. exstockwellgooner

Offered Glasto to my son for the last 2 years and he is is far too cool to go with his parents (secretly he wants to go-but it doesn't earn him any kudos). Plus he gets rid of us for 6 days. His last exam is on the 22nd June and we even offered him the option of coming down on the train and he turned it down.
    He's going to V this year with his mates (18 of them are camping together to celebrate finishing Year 11) and as stinkywitch has said the line-up there is more to his liking. He is buzzing about seeing Eminem, Plan B & Pendulum-good luck to him and he makes his own choices.
    He loves Music and nicks/copies more of my Vinyl, CD's than he would ever admit to.

10. Buffystar

Buffystar Old Glasto Fogey

CHAVFEST #justsaying

11. exstockwellgooner

Buffystar-Agreed. Went the one and only time last year and there was definitely an edginess there that is non-existent at Glasto. Had the feeling that it could kick-off at anytime.