1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trolleys that don't break

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by Sherpa Benji, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Sherpa Benji

Sherpa Benji New Member

Please remove if not allowed, but if anyone is looking for a reliable trolley to carry in a large amount of kit this year then I've been making and selling these on eBay :
    Glastonbury Festival Garden Trolley, Heavy Duty, Large Capacity by Sherpa Benji
    We developed this design last year to carry a 9 man tent in, plus associated group kit, and it proved to be super strong and very easy to manoeuvre. It actually balances like a see-saw, so the wheels take all the weight, you just push or pull. We could actually have carried more than we did.
    We've tweaked the design a little more this year so it can carry more boxes of beer/ cider underneath, but essentially it's the same proven design. Please take a look. I'm happy to answer any questions too. If you want one please order soon, as its only 3 weeks to go now!
    Benji.

2. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

I'm sure this kind of thing is allowed Sherpa - oh I see where why you chose that name :)

I have fantasied over Glastonbury- specific trolleys for 20 years now. Probably the best one I made was from an old wooden pallet and a couple of old bmx bicycle wheels. For the past 6 years I've used a customized version of a classic sack barrow bout from B&Q, both pale into comparison to your noble efforts, it looks sturdy and easy to push, hope the balance is right. Because of the thickness of the wood used, the strength looks great but it does look a bit on the heavy side.

No matter, I hope you're advertising on other festival sites. Maybe call it the ultimate festival trolley rather than Glastonbury Festival Trolley - God! Drop the word Garden FFS :)

Best of luck to you selling a more than a few

Sherpa Benji likes this.
  3. Coffee Gordon

Sherpa Benji likes this.
  4. Coffee Gordon

5. Sherpa Benji

Sherpa Benji New Member

Cheers! Yes, the 18 MM ply is actually overkill for strength, even 15mm is super tough. Even so, it's actually quite light as it is. The ply offers an element of shock absorption across the fields, so it feels easy to walk pretty quickly with my design.
    I hope it sells - I've got a garage full of kits ready to assemble!

Coffee Gordon likes this.