1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tickets for 2017

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by maclauk, Oct 9, 2016.

1. maclauk

maclauk Wish I started earlier...

Just succeeded in getting tickets. Who else has got lucky or unlucky?

exstockwellgooner likes this.
  2. akicif

akicif Member

[waves /]

3. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

:bdance::bdance:It's a YES from us two :bdance::bdance:

4. exstockwellgooner

exstockwellgooner Glasto Vet

Thanks to Lou's other half and their ticket hunt group we are going:D:bdance::bdance::bdance::clap::clap::clap:

whatme likes this.
  5. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

Our two groups of six all got our tickets! Our friend Jack had just got ours, hers and ExStockwellGooner's and as I wrote a text to Nelly to tell her, she texted me to say her group had all got theirs!

All very happy campers!

Glad to hear other GWers have theirs too - I hope more will be coming on with good news soon!

whatme and exstockwellgooner like this.
  6. Unlucky yet again. This year has been a tough year from a personal point of view (Dad passed away Aug 28th) so getting tickets today would of been such a boost for my sister and I as Dad knew how we loved a festival.
    Any tips,help for the resale. ...are we missing something?

7. AnnaGrant

AnnaGrant Festival returner

Lucky. Can't believe it. Haven't had a booking page at our house since 2011! For those who didn't succeed last Sunday the game is still on. Resales are often more fruitful than ticket day. I had said I wasn't going in 2017 but if the ticket gods decreed that I was to get a ticket I would reconsider. Now much more than 50% that I will go.

8. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

Sorry to hear your news and sorry you didn't make it in the ticket frenzy.
    Obviously there are no guarantees, but for Glasto tickets you have strength in numbers. The more people are trying, the greater the chances that one of them will get through and nail 6 tickets. The key though is that you're not all together. If you're all sat together with your various devices, you'll all be using the same IP address, getting in each other's way and not really improving your chances a jot. I went in to the office, my esteemed other half stayed at home and she used her Mac and her iPhone, but she she switched the iPhone's wireless off. Seems counterintuitive, but by running off 3G she wasn't sharing the IP address with her Mac. By going in to the office, I was using the (supposedly) superfast broadband but also using a reasonbly unique Internet Service Provider (ISP). I once read that SeeTickets allocates its various portals to ISPs, meaning that it will allocate however many to BT, some to Virgin and one (if it gets through the scrum) to my office. Sat at home, my other half was trying to get into a queue of other BT users, while I would be in a queue of other people in my office - in other words, me! How true that is, I don't know, and of course with all that prep and organisation, we didn't actually get our own tickets! Our friend was at in her flat with superfast Virgin broadband, sat up in bed with a cup of tea and she got them!

So, superfast broadband, not sharing IP addresses (and that includes not running multiple tabs - as advised by GFL) and, if possible, using a less used IPS.

And don't forget to wear your luck pants. Obviously.

9. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

When we lived ooop north we seam to be able to get them ( wouldn't say easy like ) but regularly, but the last couple of years had now joy at all,
    All we got on 3 different isp , 1pc 1laptop two iPads and online on the phones was the standard refresh page. Then at 10.20am stinky phone rung, we both looked at each other, it was Damon her nephew, with good news saying he had got ours.
    Now I really do believe in Karma, because the last couple of years other people have got ours, and that is such I nice feeling. We missed out on 1 ticket from are group, cause other groups got another 4 of our lot

Resale Is On

10. fireballxlarge

fireballxlarge never too old for ...

Failed - despite a number of friends trying in different areas. Did manage to get front stalls for Kraftwerk however, so not all bad news. Well done to those that were successful.

11. Bell Boy

Bell Boy Soon to be 8 timer

We were lucky again, did the same as last year, one window on one device at home. on the details page by 0912 but took till nearly 20 past to complete the booking, the back button worked a treat but many heart stopping moments. Seen lots of people who say virgin media works well, it has for me for most of the years we have gotten tickets, the other times have been from work and that seems a good option as LOH says

Lou's other half likes this.
  12. Debsh2

Debsh2 Member

Managed to get our group of 6 and on again for a fair few others too...... felt really lucky this year as those around me didnt even get on to the glastonbury page - their pages were just white screens of death..........

Lou's other half likes this.