1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts On Proposition 19?

Discussion in 'Chat' started by RickySSmith, Nov 3, 2010.

1. RickySSmith

RickySSmith Happy Camper!

Just thought I'd ask peoples thoughts on here on Proposition 19, being voted on today in California

Essentially its a policy that would legalize Cannabis in California, both to posses and to grow (obviously there are certain limitations to this)

More info here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_19_(2010)

I know I'd certainly be voting yes :whistle:, lets hope they do and the UK follows suit (like it does with everything else the US does...)

Let the debate begin :bdance:
  2. stinkywitch

stinkywitch Mrs Mashed Matt

It may sound like every potheads dream.........I dont think it would work for the regular user, the tax on it would force prices up and they would bring in all sorts of tests in the workplace thus making it hard to do a job we have been doing stoned for years.

It would be easier to get hold of but then the strength of it would be tested and prob capped.

I'm not sure i'm up for legalisation.
  3. RickySSmith

RickySSmith Happy Camper!

You raise some very valid points indeed...

Seems that California decided it wasn't for them anyway, ah well... looks like I wont be smoking any legal weed for a while to come then :whistle:
  4. akicif

akicif Member

I don't know: the sensible tax point would be just below the "illegal" price, and if there were usable tests, they'd already be using them....

As for a cap on strength, I'd be for that to be honest - or at least in increased availability of the milder stuff. I like the idea of a "session smoke" that doesn't hit too hard: or something I didn't need to dilute with tobacco, anyway.