1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They're working on the webcam

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by GlastoWatch, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

That makes to much sense akicif :)

2. Spike

Spike Member

yezzzzz, you've been conned lol

At Bearded Theory we pay ?30 per section, for the whole 2 weeks! ;)

Guess Eve have flexible quoting. We had much service from Lion Tracway, and are using them again this year.

3. Spike

Spike Member

Being made of aluminum, it'd be expensive top buy, the hire cost includes laying down, and recovery with specially adapted hiab lorries, as well as delivery. If a festival where to own its own, it would still have to pay for installation, transport around site, and recovery.

4. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Active Member

The fence belongs to the festival. It was bought in 2002 to meet the new licence conditions. It has been added too over the years as the festival has expanded. It cost ?2m. In 04 or 03 somewhere around there, there was a g8 summit in Scotland and they asked to use it to surround the summit but Michael said no.

5. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

Just in case you haven't seen the other thread, here's the new webcam (not yet linked to BBC)

6. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

I tweeted a link to the webcam, and within minutes the BBC contacted me.

So I've deleted the tweet and removed the link from the post above (sorry Nelly).

7. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

Should be ready to go next week.

From BBCGlasto

8. rickleach

rickleach turn left at the womble

I've deleted my RT as well! (Looked good for a while!)

9. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

Fair enough. Looks like a bloody good camera though.

They may think we're all mad desperate to look at some empty fields in Somerset.

10. Coffee Gordon

'Empty' fields !!!! heh :) Hardly

11. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

12. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Active Member

I added that link from yesterday to my favourites and it was showing green and empty Glastonbury fields. Today its the view from the top of the post office tower...

13. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

At least we should be able to get a decent phone signal this year... ;)

14. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

If you left the original page open, it still updates.

15. akicif

akicif Member

Any idea what the collection of rather brightly-lit castle-y looking buildings are, please, anyone?

16. Coffee Gordon

Crikey what a shock! For the first ? a second I thought it was Glastonbury but I couldn’t figure out what I was seeing.

Some European city… Hamburg maybe?

17. akicif

akicif Member

Ah! I'd thought it was a view from the top of the Post Office / Telecom / BT Tower.

If it's from somewhere else, then that would explain why I couldn't match the view to Google Maps (and worse, nor could my friend from London who spent nearly two hours panning and zooming) /Blush....

18. akicif

akicif Member

Ah! Chopping off the subdomain from the URL takes me to http://www.panomax.com and there's a Google map function showing all their cameras - it's the A1 Tower in Vienna....

19. Coffee Gordon

/sings 'Ahh Viennaaaa'

Sorry, I'll get my coat

20. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

Ah, I had Eastern Europe...

Close, but no cigar.

Gone now anyway. The picture. Not Vienna.