1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They're working on the webcam

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by GlastoWatch, Apr 28, 2015.

1. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

2. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

Hurrah! Been checking it daily, just in case :)

3. Gax

Gax Boom !!!

Excellent news indeed :notworthy:

4. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

How long does it take to fix a webcam? Serious question, I want to see.

5. Glasto-worker

Glasto-worker Volunteer since 1989

this happens nearly every year - I would love to see what the BBC team is like as for sure there will be a small army of them.

for all we know there could be a whole fleet of BBC winnebagoes including a canteen wagon.

For all we know the hardware may be in place and its just waiting for some pen pusher to make it live.

6. Gax

Gax Boom !!!

Find the BBC button pusher

7. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

I suspect they're holding it back so they can announce it when they officially reveal the BBC's Glasto coverage. We'll get it, when they update this page. http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury

Same thing with EE. Lots of people have asked them on Twitter about the battery packs and their smartphone app, but all they keep saying is that they don't know what they're doing at Glasto yet, which sounds like BS. They'll probably have a big announcement in the next week or so, and don't want to give anything away until then.

8. jonny deep

jonny deep Disappointing Member

The EE thing has to be BS - they couldn't decide on and turn around production in time on a whim like that.

9. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

10. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

I tweeted her about their webcam, she said they doubt they'll get it back up, it died last year.

11. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

So guess this is a good old fashioned photo :)

12. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

She must have one of the best views from her garden in Briton :)

13. Nelly

Nelly Active Member

Ribbon tower and fence!

14. Glasto-worker

it may not be { well the fence part anyway }

She Was Asked - Are they laying the fence out above the Park ?

Her reply was ' That's the old fence, which they now use as the road to which they attach the newer (upright) fence! '

in previous years there has been a track laid before the fence was put up but from where that comes from I don't have a clue .

All I know for sure is - they use two fence building teams - one going clockwise and the other going counterclockwise and they ' tend ' to meet in the south.

it should be more clear when she posts in a week or so.

15. Spike

Spike Member

Eve tracway will put up the vertical fence, along the roadway they lay down, and join the two together. The Roadway is used for access to put up fence, as well as security patrols during festival,and also as an anti tunnel measure :)

16. akicif

akicif Member

Yup. When I did the fence stewarding thing first with DDS and then with SLS, the reasoning behind using us non-SIA stewards was that keeping people off the peri-track was a health and safety issue, rather than a gate-keeping one. We were informally asked to say, if questioned by anyone from the SIA, that we understood that we weren't door security of any sort, but just making sure no-one put themselves at risk.

We saw two sorts of vehicle on the peri-track: the slow moving dispensers of hot tea and biscuits, who passed us every 2-3 hours or so, and the fast-moving "brute squad" people-carriers heading towards possible incursions.

Oh, three, really: there were the vans that dropped us off and picked us up at the end of our shifts....

17. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

18. ollie_90

ollie_90 New Member

If that's a screen grab from the webcam we are in fro a high res treat!

The Eve trackway costs ?50 per 3x2m section per week.... I had ordered 400 meters of the stuff recently for 2 weeks and I was nearly sick on the invoice.

19. Glasto-worker

sorry no - that shot was taken by a installer up a cherry picker and was shared on twitter.

20. akicif

akicif Member

[Odd - quote inclusion seems not to work]

I wonder, with the trackway costing that much, would it make sense for the festival to own its own, and pay for storage by renting some out from time to time over the year?