1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

See Ticket Staff Tickets

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Eyepod67, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Eyepod67

Eyepod67 New Member

Afternoon all, I used to be a member on here years ago but have had to re-register, but I'm sure someone can help me out.

My friend (no honestly, not me, really my friend) was playing a gig recently and got talking to a friend of a friend. The conversation got round to Glastonbury and the guy said he worked for See Tickets and he had four tickets for next year that he was allowed to sell, he said they would require reg numbers but otherwise there was no problem selling them. He also offered a tee pee at face value! I smell a rat and I'd hate my mates to get scammed, not only for losing money but also not trying to buy legitimate tickets when they go on sale and therefore missing out on the festival, but they are shortly gonna part with money. There are so many questions here, am I being over suspicious or am I right to warn him off? Advise please!?

2. exstockwellgooner

exstockwellgooner Glasto Vet

I would advise your friends not to part with their money as it sounds very suspicious and not something I've come across before. Unfortunately there are many unscrupulous people who know how sought after glasto tickets and they will exploit people's desperation.

3. Glasto-worker

Glasto-worker Volunteer since 1989

Two of my WBC Team work for See Tickets in the Computer Department and I know they are ' not allowed to sell tickets ' but they are ' allocated named Guest tickets ' { it gets sorted out in March 2017 }

For the first time since I joined the WBC this year I was issued a ' Named Trader ticket ' as they have changed the procedures this year and while it does not have a face image on it { GFL is able to check a laptop where my face image is held - we were all on a crew Coach }.

But for any WBC workers who drove there ' they were issued a face named ticket '

So I would be very skeptical and seeing there wont be any tickets to hand over its putting a lot on Faith + I doubt See Tickets would have a clue what the ticket prices will be.

Tell your friend to ' walk away '