1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone app, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Coffee Gordon, May 19, 2013.

1. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

Can anyone recommend a good app to read these forums on a phone please?

2. maclauk

maclauk Wish I started earlier...

The official vBulletin app only seems to work for sites hosted by vBulletin so avoid that. I'm also in the hunt for an app so would also appreciate any recommendations.

3. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

TapaTalk seems to be a popular app. It requires me installing S/W on the server though. If enough people want it, I'll look into installing it.

The only reason I haven't installed it so far, is because it annoys me when visiting a new forum on a tablet and I get bugged to install it. If it's easy enough to disable the hassleware element, then I'll have no issue in using it.

4. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

Thanks GW if its a hassle don't bother installing anything that's going to be a pain to maintain.

I tried tapatalk on my 10 inch tablet but its just as easy using my normal browser.

5. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

I'll have a proper look at it when I get a moment. If it's easy enough to stop it from bugging forum visitors to install their app, then I'll probably install it. I detest pop-ups with a passion, so I'm not going to Inflict one on every new mobile visitor who visits the site.

6. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

One of the reasons we all love this place so much, you think like a user! :clap:

7. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Active Member

Adverts bug me. But a couple of modest adds to pay for the running of the site is ok and also ones relevant to the content of the site are also ok. Massive B&Q adds are not ok...

Oh that's a bit off topic... A phone app would be great, I can then post on the 2 hour bus trip I do to work.

8. paolo

paolo Member

Like your thinking :cool: Those nag pop ups are very irritating.