1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House renovation!

Discussion in 'Chat' started by stinkywitch, Jul 28, 2010.

1. stinkywitch

stinkywitch Mrs Mashed Matt

It begins tomorrow for at least 5 weeks :mad:

Any tips on how to survive with no kitchen lol

2. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

You've been to Glastonbury how many times, and you need to ask a question like that?

3. stinkywitch

Thats the answer, I'm going to put my tent up in the garden!:clap:

4. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

All you need now is a Brothers Bar, Pieminister and a long-drop in your garden and you'll be sorted.

5. stinkywitch

we have the rain does that count?

6. Mart44

Mart44 Member

No - it NEVER rains at Glastonbury any more !! :)

7. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

Only one good thing about this,
    im on a 3 day week for the whole off august due to this ( my choice :D )
    using 10 days hols so someone's here when they are working, and when there not we will be going out somewhere :roflol:

still got up this morning at 5,45 my normal working time :whistle: and there ment to be here at 8, do i roll another one :smoke: or start clearing the kitchen out :roflol:

8. stinkywitch

Oh No

My poorly poorly kitchen!

[​IMG]

9. stinkywitch

Update!

Tommorrow we are having the whole house rewired. They are starting 24 hours late but better late than never. We have a cling film type stuff all over the carpets and it pops like bubblewrap everytime we move! The dogs are seriously doing my head in I think I will put them on their leads and tie them to a chair!
    Next weeks agenda is....
    Monday house being plastered (and prob me)
    Tuesday my new shiney bathroom is being fitted ( will celebrate with a glass or 2 of wine in a bath that doesnt have plaster and rubble falling in with me)
    Wednesday, finally my new kitchen but prob no doors!
    Thursday the tile man will be coming to make my new bathroom and kitchen look splendid.
    Friday is 2nd fix of electrics (not a clue what that means but I will be in work anyway)
    Oh what joys!:mad:

10. stinkywitch

The rewiring went quite badly. They should have finished about 4 but it was almost 6 and we ended up with only 2 plug sockets in the kitchen and the stair and toilet lights don't work and I have no control over my central heating, I was at work so only a big deal for whatme. Today (mon 9th) I should have had 6 rooms plastered but they only managed 3. Tomorrow (a day early) my new kitchen, bathroom and toilet are bieng fitted but no news on when the plastering will be finished. Made a big massive boo boo when I ordered clear windows for the new front and back door, it feels like I live in a goldfish bowl. Shopping for blinds ASAP!
    Drinky poos for stinkypoos I think. :yes::beer:

11. stinkywitch

next weeks agenda....

monday kitchen bathroom and tiolet decorated,
    tuesday the floors are being prepared for the new coverings
    wed the floors will be completed
    thur the plumber will be fitting the shower
    friday we have a joiner calling but not sure why just yet!:unsure:

so far so good though

12. stinkywitch

13. stinkywitch

14. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

That looks nice, though where's the dog? The dog always managed to get itself in shot for your other photos.

15. stinkywitch

The paint was still wet lol. dogs and wet paint do not mix :rolleyes:

16. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

In the 70s/80s we were told that they do.

[​IMG]

17. stinkywitch

almost done now! I have got my stuff back out of storage today and there is somthing festival related in most boxes lol I have found bubble wands, waterproofs and wellies, bubba kegs and all our tickets :clap:

17 sleeps till T day!