1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Tickets sent to friends lost in post

Discussion in 'Questions' started by LuluC, Jun 7, 2016.

1. LuluC

LuluC New Member

I received my party's tickets last week and posted them on to them via 1st Class Signed For last Thurs via Royal Mail. The tickets have still not arrived.

I have taken the matter up with both the post office and Royal Mail but so far they are unable to trace the two envelopes.

I have also spoken to See Tickets who have said they can't reissue the tickets. However, I do have a photograph of all the tickets.

How do we gain access to the fesivsl please? I have a record of the ticket numbers and registration numbers of everyone.

HELP! I'm SO worried!!!

2. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

You're only hope is to contact Glastonbury Festivals themselves. I don't want to sound harsh, but you didn't think to post them by registered post?

I hope you get it sorted

LuluC likes this.
  3. LuluC

LuluC New Member

I thought I had. Seems it was just signed for. Have still got the post office & the depot the sacks were taken to on the case till tomorrow.
    Do you know the email address for Glastonbury Festival?

4. Coffee Gordon

LuluC likes this.
  5. posty1980

posty1980 New Member

You will get the email address from the Glastonbury Festival website and look for contact us
    I hope your tickets turn up I work for royal mail and its most likely they are in the sorting office
    somewhere if not I would bring all the details to the festival after contacting them . Surely they
    will not refuse your proof
    good luck.

LuluC likes this.
  6. LuluC

LuluC New Member

Have been to post office 2day and we have spoken to the driver who collects the mail & he has taken a copy of the post office proof that they gave the letters to him which he signed so that he can take it to his depot so that they can look there so another wait now until 2moro. I have drafted an email to Glastonbury Festival so will send it 2moro and also same to SeeTickets

7. Coffee Gordon

Sounds like you have plenty of proof the PO has lost them, worst case scenario you may have to go to the festival site on the day to collect generic entry tickets.

Hopefully they will turn up though :)

LuluC likes this.
  8. posty1980

posty1980 New Member

Hi LuluC Let us know the outcome i hope its a happy one i am sure you are stressed out over it . Good luck

LuluC likes this.
  9. LuluC

LuluC New Member

No news frm post office or Royal Mail. Will call the sorting office myself tomorrow. If nothing by Mon man in post office is going 2 go 2 the sorting office in person. I just hope Glasto Fest will be sympathetic. I will have lots of proof of everything we have done to try 2 track them down...

10. Coffee Gordon

I'm guessing GF probably deal with a few dozen cases like this every year and will have a procedure set in place. it's a pain for you Lulu, but you will be going.

LuluC likes this.
  11. LuluC

LuluC New Member

Glasto Fest are refusing 2 help @ mo & saying lost & stolen tickets can't be replaced and without paper tickets we won't be able to enter. I have had the most awful week & no one is helping. Went to the mail centre & they refused 2 search office stating the centre was way too big with hundreds of mail bags! I'm at my wits end!! Just don't know what to do next. Will go & report as stolen on Monday. Its so unfair! When i went to the post office they gave me 2 options either signed for or guaranteed by 1pm nxt day. As i didn't need them to be there nxt day I chose the former not knowing until afterwards that they don't get scanned in til they are signed for. I have also found out tickets are not covered by Royal Mail's compensation scheme if sent signed for. It gets worse & worse every day!!

12. LuluC

LuluC New Member

Does anyone have a phone number for Glasto Fest? I may get more joy if i plead with someone. I am frantic!

13. Coffee Gordon

Crikey, that's a nightmare Lucy, I'm so sorry I can't help. I'n guessing GF don't let the public know their number.

LuluC likes this.
  14. LuluC

LuluC New Member

I have now tweeted Royal.Mail desperately asking for help. If people could retweet that would be great. My twitter id is @LouiseCopley3 Royal Mail are not back on twitter till tomorrow morning so nervously awaiting a reply. I have also emailed Glastonbury Festival again but they have replied saying it is up to Royal.Mail to help me. I have explained that it is like looking for a needle in a haystack & that envelopes if stuck at the bottom of a sack could be anywhere by now if the sack has gone back into circulation. I have also asked for the contact details of someone higher than the person sending replies to me and said how much we were looking forward to rerurning to the Festival this year havinh had the best experience of our lives last year. Once again awaiting a reply...

15. Coffee Gordon

fingers crossed for you Lulu

LuluC likes this.
  16. Lou

Lou Member

Yes good luck with it all!

LuluC likes this.
  17. Lou

Lou Member

I found this on an earlier thread:

Sounds like you have lots of proof about what happened and photos of the tickets. As a last resort it might be worth turning up anyway with all your proof and IDs and explaining at the gate

LuluC likes this.
  18. LuluC

LuluC New Member

Yes we will do that as a last resort...

19. Lou

Lou Member

I think you'll be ok, but the worry must be awful. Keep trying. There might be more useful info on this forum too.

Coffee Gordon and LuluC like this.
  20. Coffee Gordon

The fact that they will have your reference number, address and photo on a data base will be in your favour. Be sure and take ID