1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - Coach Queues??

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Jim Beech, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Jim Beech

Jim Beech New Member

Looking for some advice....first year going to glasto and heard about some of the horror stories getting into the festival with all the traffic.

Me and a few friends are getting a coach from Norwich and booked our ticket and coach through see tickets. Don't know the time of departure but Its leaving on the wednesday.

First of all - is wednesday the quieter day to get there compared to thursday? Also, do the coaches have a different entrance compared to the normal cars or do they all queue together? Hope I'm not going to be waiting long or have far to walk when i get there but can't help to think we'll be in nightmare queues and it'll take an age to get from the coach drop off to camp!

Please get back to me. Thanks!

2. Martin1

Martin1 New Member

As long as it isn't like last year you will be fine. It was a bloody nightmare.

Took us 15 hours to get in and we only live an hour from the festival - I understand that is the worst it has ever been though. Just pray for dry weather and all will be fine!

Walking wise just bank on a long one and anything left will be a bonus. Until you get there and see it for the first time you really just can't appreciate how big the site is!

exstockwellgooner likes this.
  3. exstockwellgooner

exstockwellgooner Glasto Vet

Best advise i can give is to read Tort's Guide and FAQ pinned at the top of this thread. It is invaluable to a first timer.
    ENJOY

4. Glasto-worker

Glasto-worker Volunteer since 1989

See Coaches drop off using the official Coach station next to Gate A { most other coaches have to use Bath and West Show ground }

cars are not allowed in that area but these are narrow roads and even on a Tuesday there can be times where a queue will build up

No one can say with any certainty what the queue will be like as small things can have a dramatic affect - in 2009 for reasons that we never found out there was a enormous queue - people were getting off a Crew Coach - going to the Pub having a meal and a drink and when they got back to the coach ' the coach had moved 40 feet - the coach should have arrived at 4pm but in fact it did not arrive until 1am { and then a hour for the crew coach to get though Security }

its not like that every year .

There is no point worrying about it as ' there is nothing you can do and its highly unlikely they would let you off as these roads don't have paths '

The camping areas fill up fast on the Wednesday

5. Mart44

Mart44 Member

Last year was unprecedented in terms of queues and because of the backlog some coaches were either dropping people off wherever they could or letting people walk from miles before their dropping off points. We were stuck in the car in the queue with last few miles taking 12 hours, whilst hundreds of people lugging all their gear weaved in and out of the traffic. Some said they'd walked six miles before they got onto the site.
    Confident we're due a sunny one this year tho

exstockwellgooner likes this.