1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going alone - looking for new friends

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by Hoggers, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Hoggers

Hoggers Going solo to Glasto

It might be a bit early to start this thread but I bought my ticket for 2015 assuming that there had to be someone I know going too, but its looking a bit unlikely. So I'm looking to meet, create, join a community of people heading to Glastonbury 2015. Hoping that this could be an opportunity to make new friends and meet new people.

So if you have a group of friends I can tag along with, like me are going alone and looking to find some people to hang out with, or you know of existing communities I could join, let me know.

I'm a 29 year old female from Cambridge so if anyone is nearby it might be cool to try to go for a drink before the main event.

2. eppulf

eppulf New Member

Same here! I'm a 26 year old guy from Belgium, and the friend I was planning on going with screwed up his ticket registration and so obviously didn't have a ticket. So going on my own now, but I'm sure it'll be fun :)

3. Hoggers

Hoggers Going solo to Glasto

OK cool so maybe we can meet up - if you inbox me at some point I'll send you a link to my FB :)

4. JBShakey

JBShakey Not a Glasto Virgin

I'm in the same situation as you. Bought my ticket and then realised none of my friends have. I'm Jack, will be 19 when the festival comes around. Would really like to not go alone!

5. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

6. Chocoshan

Chocoshan New Member

Hi I'm a (young) normal 34 year old girl in Manchester, in a similar situation as I bought 2 tickets for myself and the ex! and none of my friends could get a ticket.

I'm travelling by coach so if anyone fancies meeting up or camping togther that'd be really cool. I'm into Indie, Rock, Aternative, acoustic, dance, and the odd night in Shangri La x

7. brada

brada New Member

I'm also in the same boating a 35 year los male travelling from Shropshire don't fancy it on my own if anyone would like to camp 2gether share car let me no

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  8. Kymdrew

Kymdrew New Member

I brought 6 tickets for me and my exs family but sadly were no longer on speaking terms and am looking for someone to camp with just so i dont have to camp alone. Are you still looking for someone to camp with? Pretty chilled out person 21 year old female btw

9. Kymdrew

Kymdrew New Member

Are you still looking for a camping person? Brought tickets but noone can make it sadly. Am a 21 year old female and am pretty chilled and that

10. Kymdrew

Kymdrew New Member

Im looking for a camping friend if you still need one because the people i was meant to be going with im unable to go with now im a 21 year old female who is pretty chilled and am up for a laugh at glasto. If your up for it you can personal message me or email at kymdrew93@icloud.com

11. Kymdrew

Kymdrew New Member

Hi im a 21 year old female who purchased tickets for myself and friends who now sadly cant go so im looking for some people to camp with just so im not technically going alone. Im easy going and pretty laid back and up for a laugh. If anyones interested message me x

12. peterfnagle

peterfnagle Going Alone 2015

Glasto ETC Judge Going Alone 2015

My first Glastonbury I went by myself, in 2011, got there 7 pm on the Friday, mini tent up and caught the last 20 mins of Morrissey in the rain clutching a hot cider. Went in 2013 with my twin boys, however am returning this year without them. 2011 was great but can be tough wandering around having brief chats with many different souls. Be great if there was a general meet with folks going alone.

13. daisyor

daisyor New Member

Heya I'm daisy - 19 year old australian girl and will be going to Glastonbury by myself cause my friends couldn't get tickets.

I haven't been before but I'm super excited for the bands but also really want to explore the whole place/get lost.I have super wide taste in music alternative/indie/rock/pop

I'm super spontaneous and want to make the most of the week so let me know if you want to catch up if you're still going alone.

Just message me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/daisy.orourke

14. Talia23

Talia23 New Member

Solo Traveller

hey, I hope you are all enjoying your bank holiday. I am a solo traveller after stupidly booking a ticket for a now ex :) so, I'm 23 year, easy going, female. If you are interested in meeting up please could you email me on natalie_baldwin21@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks :)

15. Ferret

Ferret 6th time in Camp Triangle in 2017

Hi all solos! Camp Triangle is a community of solo travellers who have been collectively camping for over a decade now.

Numbers usually range between 70-120 (yes really!) and new people join each year. We have people from all over the world and last year the ages ranged from 17 to over 65!

Although a lot of us do post here on Glasto Watch, we also have a Facebook group to help us get organised and also prevent us clogging up a general forum like this. We also have our own website..... http://camptriangle.co.uk/

The first CT-ers start arriving at Glasto on the Monday before, and the last leave on the Tuesday after! Of course we cannot get on site until the Wednesday morning so a nearby campsite is used for those who want to extend the excitement. On the Tuesday night some camp in the queue so that we can get in early and secure a decent sized space for all those that we are expecting!

Have a gander at the website and if you want to join us then let me know your Facebook userid and I will send you an invite to the Facebook group.

16. wayme

wayme New Member

Are there any lone travellers coming from Leeds / Bradford areas that want a lift there?

Me and my gf are driving down and have a spare seat going, just asking for a petrol contribution of ?10 each way (don't mind if you're looking for a one-way journey)

17. mike25

mike25 New Member

Joining the boat

Hey guys, I'm planning on getting some tix tomorrow in the resale just in case the third headliner is someone I'll kick myself if I don't see. Not going with anyone so thought I would post here.

I'm 22, from the Midlands and this would be my first Glastonbury. I'm pretty much down for doing whatever. Acts I'm excited to see: Ibeyi, Caribou, Flying Lotus, Foos, Chemical Brothers and of course many others.

18. Fluff164

Fluff164 Festival year 27

I'm returning after missing the last 20 years! No doubt the place has changed some. I'll be travelling down solo too

19. GetMeToGlasto29

GetMeToGlasto29 New Member

Hey ladies & gents, hope you're all as excited as me to be back at Glasto this year, or for the first time! I'm going solo on the Friday due to a friend pulling out, I'm a 21 year old male from Somerset, easy going, would love to meet someone with a similar taste, although even if you are a Kanye fan I'll try and be nice? Haha! this will be my second year at Glasto & the bands I'm most excited for this year are Ryan Adams, Spiritualized, The Who! Feel free to message or email me :) moviemadman29@hotmail.co.uk

20. Tank Top

Tank Top New Member

Hi folks,

I too am attending alone this year. It will be my eighth Glastonbury but first on my lonesome. Would really like to hook up with others and experience the festival in a new manner. I'm coming from Manchester. Not decided which day to arrive as of yet though.

Throwing my hat into the solo campers ring! My email is neilcwall at gmail dot com.

:)