1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glastonbury might not be held at Worthy Farm in 2018

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by GlastoWatch, Apr 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/World-...y-Farm-years/story-29097192-detail/story.html

There was a similar story to this last year, see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...Glastonbury-Festival-may-need-a-new-home.html

2. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Member

Didn't he also say that they have invested too much in the infrastructure for it to move when the council said they could hold it at Bath & West show ground.

3. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he's only saying it to stop the local land owners from getting too greedy next time he has to negotiate land rental fees with them.

akicif likes this.
  4. CeeTee

CeeTee Glasto Veteran

Yeah, exactly what I thought.

5. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

This is clearly big news in Bristol.

bristol.jpg

6. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Member

Hang on a sec, isn't 2018 a lay year?

7. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

It's the farm's fallow year, but that won't apply if it's held elsewhere.

8. Glasto-worker

Glasto-worker Volunteer since 1989

I think you may be correct.

Michael and Emily Eavis are due to attend a WBC party onsite on Tuesday 21 June so I hope to bring this up as I reckon he is trying to shock them into backing down over their land rental fees as after all if it does move the other landowners are stuffed.

9. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

@Glasto-worker , was that you who commented on the Daily Mail story the other day?

There was only one sensible comment among the usual vitriol that is the Daily Mail comments section from someone called Brian, who said he's been working at Glasto for about 30 years. As soon as I read it, I thought that's got to be Glasto-worker!

10. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Member

GlastoWatch likes this.
  11. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

12. Mart44

Mart44 Member

I read interview with Michael Eavis , can't remember where, saying that at his age he wanted to have a Glasto every year rather than miss out. I took it that 2018 might be at a different venue in order to have a fallow year for the current site but still have the festival.

13. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

14. Glasto-worker

Yes I am the same Brian - cant recall what I wrote but it was me.

re update to the Party I mentioned in my previous post -

Michael did attend the WBC party but Emily did not - I have met him before so my plan was to see if I could get a quiet word but he was mobbed and had a whole team of people who wanted to take some shots - just after his speech my chance came but then I was called up by the WBC Chairman as he wanted to get the old WBC mob together for some shots and as I moved Michael slipped out the back way and in his jeep and he was gone.

latest news as to if there will be something or not

Mr Eavis said: 'Longleat probably won't happen anymore. Lord Bath is really keen. I went to him because I knew him when he was a boy.

“But he and his son aren't agreeing, and they don't speak very much, so it's hard to make decisions. I haven't been able to sit down with all of them at the same time”

Michael Eavis: 'I fear for Glastonbury festival after last-minute Longleat snub'

15. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

Well im a little glad it's not happening,
    The last fallow year we got married, might have to do something else abit mad instead of Glasto :(

16. Glasto-worker

17. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Member

18. Glasto-worker

Trying to predict a future retirement age is near impossible as they keep shifting the goal posts

The Government is planning to raise the state pension age to 67 between 2026 and 2028.

so by 2034 who knows what it will be.

still its good that they appear to have given up the idea of moving

I doubt I will still be about.

19. Glasto-worker