1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

glastonbury 2014

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by posty1980, May 10, 2014.

1. posty1980

posty1980 New Member

heading to the festival on my own this year anyone likewise ??? staying at Ashcombe farm with pre booked tent with pillow.co.uk its my first time to the festival and I am looking forward to it but just a bit worried as I will be on my own !!

2. valeriegisselle

valeriegisselle New Member

I'm heading on my own as well! I haven't figured out my camping situation yet. Where are you from? :)

3. posty1980

posty1980 New Member

I am from Belfast and will be going on my own for the first time , you can maybe book a tent at pillow.co.uk or type in pillow adventure tours I think they have some spaces left its a bit more money to pay but its outside the festival and its cleaner and a bit quieter with hopefully proper washing facilities etc. I am 52 years old now and as my wife and friends did not want to do the festival because they hate camping and so do i but booking this site makes me feel at ease with maybe a bit more security
    Regards
    Jim

4. what I'd do is contact everyone whose responded to a im going solo type thread saying they want to meet up and all arrange to meet up maybe camp together or at least hang out together.
    I think most people will camp inside the festival, also I would go to the general forum meet up, Ive never done that but intend doing that myself this year .
    if anyone is near the south east corner where I work I'm happy to meet them

5. mmmcider27

mmmcider27 Glasto Vet

Seriously don't worry about going solo, you'll find everyone's really friendly.

I go by myself most years and meet up with friends who work on the recycling crews when they're off shift. Most of the time I'm wandering around alone (or bimbling as they call it on this forum:)) and I've never had any problems. Usually find myself chatting to complete strangers in the campsites or at the stages.

Have a look around some of the other threads on this forum, there's usually a big meet up on the Thursday so go along to that and say hello:bdance:

6. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

For such a big place, with so many people, it's a surprisingly good place to go on your own! I've done it a couple of times, most recently in 2008 which was one of the best years I've been! You'll be amazed how often you sit down at a table or on a bench and other people there will turn to you with a big grin and say, "How's it going?" and before you know it, you're deep in conversation!

There's a big meet up of the GlastoWatch regulars on Thursday afternoon every year so come along and say hi! You'll be more than welcome. Details will be on this forum on another thread, but it's usually 2.00 Thursday in West Holts I think. Keep your eyes peeled for that

I envy you... you're going to love it!

:bdance:

7. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

There are a few of us Camping at Ashcombe farm from the Monday night. Myself I will be staying in the off site car park - Ashcombe Park - next to Ashcombe farm on the Tuesday night and queuing through the night. After a drink and a meal in the Apple Tree, that's the pub just over the road.

You'll be welcome to join us Posty, arrangements will made nearer the festival.

Ouch, I have just checked the link pillow.co.uk.

Have you already booked and paid, if so no worries, but if not, why now just bring you're own tent and camp inside. Ashcombe is a bit of a slog each day, no matter what the web site says.

8. Coffee Gordon

Coffee Gordon Glast-ographer

Just to give you an idea of where you will be camping posty, it's the feild to the left of the yellow border...

[​IMG]

About half an hours walk into the centre of the festival. PG D is the nearest gate.

9. akicif

akicif Member

We camped at Ashcombe Farm on the Tuesday night last year (I think it was Ashcombe *Park* that had the shuttles to Gate A), and it was pretty good. Dead handy for the Apple Tree (Oh, said the taxi-driver (just for the last wee bit from Wells coach station), if you'd said the Apple Tree, I'd have had you here loads faster), which was also darn' good.... And then a surprisingly short walk to Gate D (although looking at the map, I think we may have headed too far North East before turning onto the lane that intersects the old railway track).

10. Billie

Billie New Member

Hey I'm a first timer too and going alone, bloody scared but excited at the same time!! :D x

11. posty1980

posty1980 New Member

first time myself and a bit nervous but all will work out fine and
    we most likely will be saying what was all the fuss about lol !!