1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting close to the Pyramid Stage?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Gilo, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Gilo

Gilo New Member

Hi,

I've seen a few threads about getting to the front of the Pyramid Stage, and although I've seen that it isn't advisable because of the poor sound and view I really want to get as close as possible to the front for Lana Del Rey on Saturday...

What happens overnight from Friday to Saturday with the stage? If I want to queue early to get to the barrier on early Saturday morning can I do that?

Thanks

2. maclauk

maclauk Wish I started earlier...

You'll be able to walk straight up to the front barrier through the early performances that afternoon so you'll be fine. IMO it's of a waste of a Glastonbury day to stay at the front of one stage for ages so you're at the very front for one act later on.

3. prue

prue Infotype

Exactly. So, so much else to do!

4. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling through life

Approach the front of the crowd from the sides, it's far easier than trying from further back and then having to veer around the crush barrier in front of the sound tent and be polite as you make your way through the masses.

5. Gilo

Gilo New Member

I also want to see the two acts before her, this is the only day I'd be doing it as I'm just a big fan - the rest of my weekend is free to see where the site takes me :clap:

I'm planning on going early on saturday morning - so hopefully I won't have to get past many people - do you know what happens around the crowd area during the time inbetween the last act and the first of the next day?

6. jonny deep

jonny deep Disappointing Member

Not a lot, AFAIK. The litter pickers come round first thing in the morning. Right at the front it smells of wee.

7. al_coholic

al_coholic 8th Glasto this year

You will be able to get within 3 or 4 people from the front. Just wait till the previous act finishes and then move forward. Its easy at that time of the day. I would suggest moving in from the Left hand side its very easy really.

I really wouldn't advise wasting all day just to get to barrier for Lana