1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Festival Essentials and Bargains

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by Devin, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

Not sure if these guys have been mentioned before:

http://www.purpleturtle.co.uk/index.html

Lots of stuff you may need. We've used them before and had no problems. We're doing our last bit of shopping now :)

2. AnnaGrant

AnnaGrant Festival returner

Good link. They look to have several disposable loo options too.

3. Lou's other half

We got the Bog in a Bag.

We haven't tried it yet.

We probably won't post a progress report on here. :whistle:

4. AnnaGrant

That's the one I was looking at.

5. TrolleyDolly

TrolleyDolly Glastolover

Hahaha! Why not?? :-D

6. AnnaGrant

Thanks for the tip.
    Ordered something yesterday from purpleturtle, paid for first class post, and it was delivered to me today-just 24 hours after placing the order. Excellent service.
    What did I buy? Like another poster, the Boginabag. There will be no test drive report here!:whistle:
    So, still time for people to indulge in a bit more pre-festival purchasing, though I'm all finished now.

7. Chippo

Chippo New Member

Bought one last year for exactly the same reason. Worth every penny when you consider the price of Osteopath treatment. Prevention is better than cure after all.

8. jonny deep

jonny deep Disappointing Member

How small does it fold down and how easy is it to carry around?

9. Chippo

Chippo New Member

It folds into a small bag maybe 30x10x10cm and weighs less than a kilo. Easy to carry in the bag or pop into a small rucksack.

10. puzzledbyadream

puzzledbyadream Still puzzled

Poundland are doing little stalls for, er, a pound. Worth a go.

11. CeeTee

CeeTee Glasto Veteran

You can get Chinese copies now for ?25 http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1765453034.html

12. jawa

jawa New Member

I've bought a Helinox Chair too, got it from Millets with a great discount. There are ball feet you can buy to minimise any sinking, or on YouTube a guy has used old tennis balls.

13. Lou's other half

14. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

15. TrolleyDolly

TrolleyDolly Glastolover

Thank goodness for this website! Are they serious?? It did amuse me,especially the 'Pepe London cuff bracelet for the bargain price of ?385.Hey,I might just order 2 just in case I lose one :) joking aside, I've ordered a number of things from funky leisure.com and been pleased with the prices and the delivery service.They have lots of useful festival bits n bobs including large Soapless washwipes (very good), no rinse body wash,shampoo,conditioner,hand sanitiser,various portable loo options and loads more.

16. ollie_90

ollie_90 New Member

After last year my feet took an absolute battering in wellies 4 out of the 5 days.

This year I've got some new, non leaking wellies and put some insoles in them, but my feet still seat a lot in them

Anyone get some suggestions for how to levitate this - heard wool socks before?

Not that I'll need them as it will be sunny and dry.

17. jawa

jawa New Member

I wear Keens walking boots and gaiters. As I work on recycling crew by the end of the festival I'd walked over 90 miles. I was knackered, but my feet were dry and comfy. I have wellies but only as a last resort.

18. maclauk

maclauk Wish I started earlier...

Proper walking boots always and add gaiters if it gets muddy.

19. &devil

&devil Member

I stopped wearing wellies years ago. Due to same issues.

Big F off pair of cats with big rubber soles. More like a walking boot than cats. Last forever.

20. s_andrews

s_andrews Member

Good boots and gaiters for me too. My girlfriend has a pair of Dunlop Steel Toecap wellies, that I have to say (while she can't hear!) I'm really impressed with. Those and a pair of trainers for when it's dry is how she attacks the festival.