1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Festival Essentials and Bargains

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by Devin, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Devin

Devin Member

2. Kelly Taylor

Kelly Taylor Glasto lover ❤️

3. Kelly Taylor

I also bought an Anker battery pack too from Amazon which was great for Glastonbury. I have used it a lot in the past year when I have been away but it now will not charge at all which is a little annoying as it only lasted 6 months. Should have sent it back but i am too lazy ;-)

Anyway, if you bought one best to check it is still working ok before Glasto!

4. Ferret

Ferret 4th time in CT in 2015

Those ankers (and other battery packs) need to be used regularly... Once a month or do, to stop them dying.

My first one died through lack of use as well.

However Anker have really great customer service if you have serial number and less than 12 months old. They will replace

5. Kelly Taylor

Thanks Ferret. I did use mine quite a lot. Good to know about the customer service though, I am back in the UK in three weeks so I will see if I can return to then.

6. Devin

Devin Member

7. AnnaGrant

AnnaGrant Festival returner

I bought an Anker for my teenage son for the festival. Needless to say it has been regularly used since last year and is still working fine. Better get using my Technet charger to get it into shape. First festival approaching-Bearded Theory May bank Holiday. Yeah.

8. Devin

Devin Member

9. Jemilyboo

Jemilyboo New Member

10. Blace McC

Blace McC New Member

11. maclauk

maclauk Wish I started earlier...

They are pretty good as they are very compact & light to pack but that valve will leak unless it is positioned ...just... right. We have the knack now but the first year we used one we thought it was broken initially. :facepalm:

12. Devin

Devin Member

13. Dafties

Dafties Member

14. Devin

Devin Member

If your looking for extrernal chargers, look for i high MaH, id look at buying direct from china. theres a site that alot of the company's use to sell stuff individually on its similar to ebay. its called Aliexpress.com check it out.

I used to import gorpo battery's and accessories from china, so much cheaper!

15. Dafties

Dafties Member

Wow, that's awesome. I had no idea! Thanks :)

16. Devin

Devin Member

i did research into that one i posted, its all over asmazon, its not great. i wouldnt go for it, im gonna dlt the link to the specific one.

17. Dafties

Dafties Member

I had a quick look at some of the reviews, also the delivery time puts me off a little. I should have thought about looking over to China as that's where I got my Macbook Pro battery from - direct from the factory that makes them for Apple (1/3 of the price!).

Thanks for your help, it's appreciated. There's a cider on me in Pilton :)

18. Canadian_Glasto_Content

Canadian_Glasto_Content Ginger Newfie

Another good tech site from China is www.dx.com

Great Flashlights or Torch as you guys call them :)

19. jonny deep

jonny deep Disappointing Member

I'd be wary of grey market purchases, if only for the time it can take for items to arrive.

20. Canadian_Glasto_Content

Canadian_Glasto_Content Ginger Newfie

yeah shipping can be an issue with deal extreme. Hard to predict as they ship it fast but I never know how long it will get held up in Customs.

I got a collapsible water jug, two torches :) and a battery for our phones