1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crucial dates if you want to be a WBC volunteer this year.

Discussion in 'Workers' Camp Fire' started by Glasto-worker, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Glasto-worker

Glasto-worker Volunteer since 1989

by the way I did find out why it was switched about - it was to save on security cost { what a surprise }

two shots from the Production area 2014

I was in two minds as to the Village Bar placement until I got there - and found it better than I was expecting # apart from the bloody water supply
    not showing up until 3.30am Sunday morning # but at least we had power - one year the power guy at Latitude showed up Sunday evening - that is taking the piss and we had already patched into it the day we arrived.

Well it wont be long until we hear our allocations - good luck with your allocation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sam harrison

sam harrison New Member

Hi Brian,

do you know when this years allocations are due to be released? I know thereseems to be a fair few of the team organisers, ones who've had 10yrs+ solidly hard working teams, are absolutely and utterly bricking themselves about places, either having a suspicion they'll just get 2, or they'll not get any :(
    I think a lot of it is because of the leeds/reading thing unfrotunately :(

3. Glasto-worker

yes its one week later than last year so its Thursday 2nd April - Managers have to wait until Thursday 9th April.

I was out with the WBC Chairman last weekend for a drink so will send you a PM later as I have Up to date info.

Sadly length of service is not counted although it should be for the initial allocation but does come into play when they filter things further which works in my favour as I have now clocked up 26 years with the WBC { where has the time gone ? }

4. sam harrison

sam harrison New Member

thanks brian. Muchly muchly appreciated :D

really hoping i manage to catch up with you in the village bar again this year, i have got all of my fingers crossed!

5. Glasto-worker

just sent the PM - your Team allocation will be fine - subject to allocation My Team has been asked to work in the village bar again this year so I should be there but until I get the e-mail ' nothing is set in stone '

6. Redmore

Redmore New Member

I've previously worked for WBC. I tried to set up a new group for my local Labour Party and was told they're not taking on any new groups this year as they have fewer events. What happened with Reading/Leeds?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  7. Glasto-worker

will be sending you a pm later

8. Glasto-worker

to all WBC volunteers who were lucky to get places this year.

the Coach link was sent today - if you have not received it contact your Group Organiser and they should be able to sort it out.

its very late this year.

9. Glasto-worker

Last year the WBC sent out its initial e-mail to Organisers Friday 20 February 2015 so the smart money is it may be sent Friday 26 February 2016 although there is nothing stoping them sending it on any other day.

My understanding is there will be less Groups this year and anyone who worked Latitude ' without problems ' should be fine for Glastonbury and Latitude and its likely that Teams who worked at Glastonbury ' without problems ' will get roughly 'the same allocation this year' so I would advise everyone to make ' realistic bids '

10. Glasto-worker

the first WBC Organiser e-mail arrived today

the Glastonbury franchise with the WBC has been extended for a further six years from 2017 which will take us up to 2022 { as expected }

first deadline is Friday 4th April

11. Lou's other half

Lou's other half Glasto Vet

Good news! :clap: and indeed :drink:

12. Glasto-worker

The deal was all sorted out last June and they were about to sign when someone from GFL decided to stall it - they then dropped a bombshell ' they wanted the shares the WBC own in Glastonbury back ' its only a few % so really it did not make sense - so for the past months its been in deep discussion - I was told in November the condition over the shares had been dropped and once the lawyers approved it they were confident it would be signed.

This year is the 30th anniversary of the wbc and Michael and Emily has been invited to a Party on the Tuesday within our Glastonbury crew tent - I know Michael well but have never spoken to Emily { she was born the first year I went in 1979 } so will see if I can get some hints over 2017.

13. Glasto-worker

so how did you get on for 2016 ?

I am now with BWTUC Group but we will still be in the Crew Bar { Village Bar }

and our coach places have been booked.

if you are working at Latitude ' its a new camp this year ' on the opposite side of the festival
    send me a PM because I have a map that shows where its planned to be.

Bread and Roses Clapham will reopen Friday 20 May { its been closed for refurbishments }

I was there on the first night it opened { may have been May 1997 or close } so I cant miss
    Friday and I expect to see lots of friends.

I have a fair idea what was done as Steve was showing me the plans late last year - it will make
    the front larger as the bar is being shifted back to where the toilets used to be.

14. Glasto-worker

My info is its going to be end of February/early March for the start of the bidding process for 2017 - I did hear the WBC was in discussions with GFL to change some of the WBC bars this year and if that is approved they may require more Volunteers this year.

exstockwellgooner likes this.