1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best campsites for Wednesday afternoon arrival?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Ems, May 25, 2016.

1. Ems

Ems New Member

Just received our bus times and it looks like we'll be through the gates around 2pm Wednesday afternoon. Where's likely to be best to camp? We'll just be one four-man tent.

We were in Oxlyers in last year and loved being so central – but thanks to a 6.15 coach departure, we had our pick of fields. What sort of time does it usually fill up?

I've been all the way out in Bushy Ground before thanks to a 4pm-ish arrival at which point lots of fields seemed to be filled... it's not an experience I'm keen to repeat :-|

2. tort

tort Highly Polished

Not sure why nobody has responded to this but I'll try albeit I've never camped in Oxlyers. It’s obviously popular due to being so central but you’d probably be in a better position than most to decide whether you could get a 4 man tent in there at your arrival time from your own personal experience.

Best alternatives if you can’t get into Oxlyers would be Pylon Ground or Rivermead. They will definitely have tons of space, aren’t too far away from where you are planning to be and are a relatively short walk from Gate A.

Coffee Gordon likes this.
  3. prue

prue Infotype

Ask any campsite steward you bump in to. They circulate info on where there's space.