1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternatives to Camping

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by pkand, Aug 6, 2010.

1. pkand

pkand New Member

I am in the midst of convincing my mum to letting me go to Glasto but she hates tents! So I am trying to come up with an alternative, is it possible to book a hotel or inn in Glastonbury town, sleep there , get a arking ticket at the farm and drive in-between? Day after day, are there any other alternatives to tents? Thanks in advance!
  2. nha

nha nha

a friend of mine is thinking of going next year and using a B&B for a base and going to and from Glasto each day. Sounds kinda crazy and the car parking each day might be a nightmare. There will be a longish walk from car park to the pedestrian gate(s) but might not be too bad if you are not carrying too much stuff. campervan/motorhome hire could be an expensive option.
  3. stinkywitch

stinkywitch Mrs Mashed Matt

Go have a look at the Glastonbury Festival site. Lots of options really from local B+B's (not within walking distance apparently) or even the more exotic like this I saw but beware they are expensive.

The Yurt Company @ the yurt love field
    Share the magical and spiritual experience of staying in one of our fabulous traditional silk lined mongolian yurts. Situated next to Gate B with hot showers and easy access to the festival, the yurt love field is the closest external camping. We are located in an idyllic setting in a secure field, complete with gurt yurt chill out and bar area. Click here for more information and photos.

Nicked that from the official site. :$
  4. Dunkyard Jog

Dunkyard Jog Serial Mudlark

If you are going down the Hotel/B&B avenue you might want to look at Shepton Mallet rather than Glastonbury town, as Shepton is actually closer. Trust me on this as I live in Shepton. :)

You need to be quick though as places are filling up quick... I work at a place with 8 rooms and 6 are gone already even before the ticket deposit day!!

Buy your parking ticket when you complete your ticket payment. If you need a list of places locally, I can get a good list together for you. It won't work out particularly cheap, though as places do tend to bump up the prices for that week. Generally the best option is to get in early before they wind prices up too far.

Good Luck on whatever you decide to do.
  5. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

Why would you want too :facepalm:

the whole part of the festival imo is waking up in the mornng/afternoon, climbing out of your tent/campervan and seeing your neighbours in the same state as you :roflol:
    going to sleep listening to the beat of 3 different tunes at once, trying to woke out whats what :roflol:

just IMO
  6. stinkywitch

stinkywitch Mrs Mashed Matt

and wondering if that dude ever found his mate Alan?