1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acts you want to see @Glasto 2010

Discussion in 'Stone Circle' started by MimiMagoo, Sep 29, 2009.

1. MimiMagoo

MimiMagoo Glasto Obsessive

As I'm a bit TCV obsessive at the moment I'm going to start with Them Crooked Vultures, I'm sure I'll add plenty more :D

2. David

David Member

I'm hoping to see Pavement at Glasto next year.

3. James

James New Member

Radiohead, Pixies, Sufjan Stevens, Frank Turner, Brand New, Explosions In The Sky, Joker.

If I could see any band on the Pyramid Stage, it'd be Sigur Ros.

4. Hash4Cash

Hash4Cash Active Member

Ive had a mad idea about Bruce Forsyth on sunday evening on the pyramid for ages.

Not doing a full show as such but breaking up the boardom between other acts while the rodied do the change over.

It could start about 1800 with him doing the generation game with mike and emily putting up tents, rolling spliffs and making mud pies. Then after the comvayor belt the first band of the evening.

when that set is finished Bruce comes back on for some Play your cards right, with some punters taken from the front row of the mush pit. And the crowd shouting Higher... Lower... Nothing for a pair in this game, followed by the punters having to down a pint of pear.

Then another band.

Then a little stritly before the headliners...

5. SParky

SParky Member

Wicked idea!!

6. Idioteque

Idioteque New Member

Daft Punk, Sigur Ros, Radiohead, David Bowie, The Cure, Pavement, No Doubt, Phoenix, St. Vincent, Passion Pit, M83, M.I.A, Metallica, Faith No More, Soulwax, Ladyhawke, La Roux, Pet Shop Boys, Stevie Wonder, Portishead, Public Enemy, Girls Aloud, Journey, Antony & The Johnsons, Grizzly Bear, Aphex Twin, Kanye West, My Bloody Valentine, Mogwai, Paramore

In an ideal world.

7. PAEBAC

PAEBAC New Member

these:cool:

8. mou

mou Glastofarian

Flight of the Conchords. Stick them on during the day at the park so I can lay on the hill and listen to them. Would be ace!

9. Mandypants

Mandypants Member

From that list, I would have those, plus TCV OH YES!!! In addition:

QOTSA *wub*, Eagles of Death Metal, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Spaniel Tip (lol), Tenacious D, Super Furry Animals, UNKLE, Ween.

10. Buffystar

Buffystar Old Glasto Fogey

Radiohead, Led Zep or any variation of them...Paramore, Faith no more, Tenacious D, Girls Aloud, Kylie, Them Crooked Vultures, Sugarbabes or any variation of them:D, Elbow, Rolf !!! on Pryamid stage !!!, No Doubt & Kanye West so I can chuck stuff at him.......:D

11. Belgian Manders

Belgian Manders New Member

I have a huge amount of bands that I want to see.

But at glastonbury I want to see some of the best British bands:

Coldplay
    Muse
    Blur
    The Who
    The Cure
    The Libertines
    Keane
    Robbie Williams
    Kasabian
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Razorlight
    Sting

12. mou

mou Glastofarian

Daphne and Celeste should make a return, just for the lulz.

13. GlastoWatch

GlastoWatch Staff Member

But we're too civilised (or have far better things to do) than to give them the same reception they received at Reading.

[YOUTUBE]_hnxies4Wtk[/YOUTUBE]

14. sisterofmercy

sisterofmercy New Member

Radiohead, Frank Turner, Bowie, Morrissey and Elbow would be my wishlist.

15. whatme

whatme Mashed Matt

David Bowie, muse, pink floyd, elbow and The lancashire hotpots :whistle:

16. lianneoakley

lianneoakley New Member

hm....

its my first year this year HOPEFULLY!!!

ooo tickets go on sale tomorrow!!!
    i wud love to see the killers, paolo nutini, coldplay, jason mraz...erm loads!!!!!

17. jaydoubleyou

jaydoubleyou New Member

I was reading this month's Mojo (alright, I'm an old fart, so what?) about Kraftwerk and thought they'd be fantastic at Glastonbury.
    Also seconding (thirding? fourthing?) Radiohead.

18. Durkin

Durkin New Member

Radiohead, Bob Dylan, Seasick Steve

19. Minxycat

Minxycat Member

Ok i have a very eclectic (i think thats how you spell it!) taste in music so here goes -
    Bob Dylan
    Bowie
    The libertines
    Seasick Steve
    The Dead Weathers
    Them Crooked Vultures
    Jefferson Airplane (are they still alive???)
    Mistys Big Adventure
    DJ Yoda
    DJ Shadow
    DJ Pavement . . . . .

and lots more!!!!

x

20. hellojosephine

hellojosephine New Member

I am kicking myself that I didn't go and see blur this year, so they would definitely be one of the acts I'd love to see at glastonbury. I doubt they will ever play together again though, so i'll keep my fingers crossed for that one.

Radiohead would be top of the list. Muse, Bowie, The Who, prodigy, Soulwax and Paul Weller would also be good